Saturday, March 6, 2010

Ooooh, looky, looky

The CMP Store has .30-06 ammunition for sale again! 192 and 200 round spam cans in en-bloc clips for $96 and $120 respectively. 

I bought two cans from them last year when I bought my Garand, and they had just started limiting customers to 10 cans a year.  They ran out during the great guns and ammo rush of '09, and have been advertising that they would get more 'soon' for about 6 or 8 months.  I guess 'soon' is now.

It's good ammo, and was specifically designed for the Garand.  Something to do with the burn rate of the powder.  I've been advised to get an adjustable gas plug if I want to use commercial ammunition so that I don't bend the op-rod.  I haven't used up the rounds I bought last year, so I haven't invested in one yet.

The price has gone up a bit from last year, but not much.  I'll have to start adding this to my list of things to save up for and buy periodically.  The Garand is so much fun to shoot that it is easy to burn through ammunition.

And for the record, I have no connection to either the CMP or Midway USA other than being a customer.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.