Friday, March 19, 2010

Lost Another One

Learned this morning that Fess Parker has died.  When I was growing up, I watched "Davy Crockett" on TV every chance I had, and we played Davy Crockett more than we did Cowboys and Indians.  My mother freaked out when I told her I wanted a flint lock rifle for my birthday when I was 7.  I was probably the last kid in America to get a 'coon skin cap for Christmas.  Still looking for that flint lock rifle.

I wasn't aware that after he left acting, he became an entrepreneur and produced some high quality wine.  I'm going to have to look some of that up and see how it goes.  From what I can gather, it's quite good.

So, Mr. Parker, thanks for representing a great symbol for a young boy who needed it.  I hope you're in Heaven telling stories with that wonderful drawl and voice. 

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.