Sunday, March 28, 2010

I must love my son, for I would not do this but for him

OK, I indulge my children.  Actually, sometimes I verge on spoiling them.

Today, I rode that edge between indulgence and spoiling very closely.

BooBoo will be turning 2 soon, and as an early birthday present, Irish Woman and I took him to see a Sesame Street show.



Imagine a theater filled with about 300 children aged 0 to 5, along with their parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles.  Give the kids snow cones and cotton candy which is being hawked by vendors before the show.

Then turn down the lights and have Elmo, Big Bird, and Grover get up on stage and dance for an hour plus. 

BooBoo had a great time, and we enjoyed it through him.  But thank the Lord for Excedrin.  By the time the show was over, all of the adults were ready to go on a 3 day drunk.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.