Monday, July 20, 2009

Thoughts on summer

Well, summer is in full swing here in Kentucky. OK, it's been unseasonably cool for the most part, which has been nice. But it's going to warm back up again, and summer in Kentucky is nasty. It's not the worst I've ever felt, but it's bad enough for me to look back fondly on the 120 degree dry heat of southeastern Arizona.

Thoughts:

Summer is the season when Kentucky women wear shorts that are way too short. On some women, it's not a bad thing. On most, it is. And on all of them, it's trashy. And on all men, it's just wrong.

Louisville is a wonderful city with many parks, bike trails, and a vibrant night life. But in the middle of a hot, muggy day in July, downtown Louisville smells like an open sewer.

I prefer winter to summer. I can always add another layer of clothing when I'm cold, but I can only get so naked when I'm hot before the neighbors start to talk.

Kentucky - Indian word for schizophrenic weather. It was chilly enough on Saturday morning that I packed light jackets for everyone before we went out. Today, it's getting to the point where all I want to do is go home and sit under an air conditioning vent.

And to sum it up, here's a song that tells you everything you need to know about my opinion of summer, no matter where I am:

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.