Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Update on us

Well, the storm has broken here. We got a couple more inches of snow today, but not too much to keep Junior Bear from shoveling out our driveway pretty quickly.

We didn't suffer any significant damage from the ice, at least not so far. The breaking sound that made me think we had lost part of the maple tree was in the neighbor's yard. All of our trees and bushes are drooping, but not breaking.

The news reports that over half a million people across the state have lost power. We've had a few more flickers, but so far so good.

I'm not having to work tonight, so if day care is open tomorrow, I'm going into the office. If not, I'll work from home. The roads are mostly clear once you get out of the neighborhoods, and my office building still has power.

So, we're doing OK. A lot of my friends aren't as fortunate, but hopefully LG&E will get the power on for them soon.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.