Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Headline Writes the Joke

"Poisonous Fish Testicles Send 7 Japanese Diners to Hospital"

Seeing that made me do both a double take and a spit take.

Now, I loves me some seafood, and I have a taste for sushi if it's done right. There aren't many fish, mollusks, or bi-valves I won't eat.

But I don't eat testicles. I guess I've never been that hungry. And I seriously wouldn't special order them because they come from a fish that might or might not poison me if I eat it.

It's amazing what people will eat just for the sake of saying they ate it. Food isn't a sport, it's a necessity of life. Leave the blowfish and his testicles alone and have some tuna.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.