Sunday, July 25, 2010

Guilty Pleasures

Never one to miss out on a meme, I'm following in JayG's footsteps, and listing a few of my favorite guilty pleasures:

Old Cartoons - I lurve me some Bugs Bunny, Mickey Mouse, and Tom and Jerry.  The Golden Age of Cartoons, which ran from the 1930's to the 1950's, was a period when animators, writers, and voice artists used god-like powers to synthesize ink, celluloid, and squeaky voices into masterpieces of American cinematography.

Fast Food Breakfasts, especially McDonalds and Hardees - I love fresh fruit, hot cereal, and wholesome whole grain pancakes as much as the next guy.  But what really curls my toes is a nice piece of deep fried potato matter, a nice greasy egg, cheese, and something that resembles processed pork sandwich, and a cup of coffee.

Dunkin' Donuts Coffee -  Jay already mentioned this, but I love a 55 gallon drum sized coffee, with plenty of cream and sugar, from Dunkin' Donuts.  This wonderful concoction may not have been made by a wonderfully artistic, multiply pierced college student, using beans that were grown in the shade of a unicorn tree on the side of a cotton candy volcano, then roasted in an oven warmed by the fires of a gumdrop dragon, then ground between the thighs of a Ukrainian super model, but it definitely tastes good and gets me going in the morning.  I just wish we had a real Dunkin' Donuts in Louisville so I could sit at the counter and eat cruelers with my coffee.

Best part is, I got to indulge myself in all three this weekend.  Yesterday morning was made of Win!

So, what do you guys love?

5 comments:

Christina RN LMT said...

Oh, dear. I see I'll if I can dredge something up for my own post. Blogfodder for the win!

bluesun said...

More and more, listening to U2 is becoming a guilty pleasure. If Bono would just keep his stupid trap...

Z@X said...

Rocky and Bullwinkle, especially with Boris, Natasha, and Fearless Leader; "First we steal Mooseberry Bush, THEN we kill moose and squirrel! Bwa ha ha!"

That and a good bourbon ;)

Wilson said...

"I just wish we had a real Dunkin' Donuts in Louisville so I could sit at the counter and eat cruelers with my coffee." We don't need Dunkin' Donuts - we have Krispy Kreme! (a guilty pleasure)

DaddyBear said...

J. Wilson, it's just not the same. You have to eat 10 Krispy Kremes to equal one Dunkin. They just don't top you off. Too much air.

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.