Saturday, September 5, 2009

Stephen King Stories

Tam over at View From the Porch is talking about the scariness or lack thereof to be found in Stephen King novels.

I agree with her that Mr. King's short stories were always better than his full length novels.

The exception to this was "Misery". I read that book cover to cover over a snowy weekend when the base I was stationed at was shut down due to a blizzard and ice storm. So, a 20 year old man sits alone in a barracks room, while a howling ice storm rages outside, reading a scary novel about a man who's locked in a cabin with a crazy woman.

Yeah, I didn't sleep all weekend while I read that one.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.