Sunday, February 15, 2009

The truck, she runs

Well, finally got the time and the correct part, so I took a few minutes to put the new throttle position sensor on the truck. After getting everything put back together, the truck fired up and ran no problem.

I can't say it's fixed, because it still has a pretty bad power steering fluid leak, but that should be pretty easy to fix. But then again, nothing is easy.

I work on motors and such by a rule that I learned from a mechanic I knew in the Army. "No equipment is right. There are only three states for equipment to be in: broken, fixed, and !*#%'d".

Right now, the truck is still in the 'broken' category due to the leak, but she runs. Eventually she'll be fixed.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.