Monday, February 9, 2009

Baby, it's not so cold outside

Last week, it was 1 degree on Wednesday when I took Girlie Bear to school. This morning it was 43.

All of the snow and ice in our yard is now mud, and the fish are swimming in the pond.

I smelled skunk at least 4 times this morning during the commute, so the critters are coming out of their holes.

I saw two flights of geese headed north this morning.

It's early February.

This just isn't right, and the sudden increase in temperature and humidity is wreaking havoc on my health.

I miss the Great White North and the Great Brown Southwest, where it may have sucked, but it sucked in a consistent way.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.