Friday, May 28, 2010

My Next Dog

Even though I'm not a dog guy, now that we've had Blue and Shadow for about 10 years, I guess I'll have a dog forever.

For my next dog, I was considering going smaller than the Labradors we have, something the size of a beagle or a full sized dachshund.  Not a yap dog, but not something I need to have shoed twice a year.

But the other night, I came across this breed that I have never seen before:



It's a Caucasian Shepherd.  You take the guard dog part of a German Shepherd, the herding instinct of an English Sheepdog, the temper of a Grizzly Bear, and the coat of a Siberian Huskie.  You mix all of that up, and pack it into a dog that's as tall as me when he stands on his back legs.

The breed's weight range is 102–180 pounds (46–82 kg.), although individuals over 220 pounds (100 kg) are not uncommon, and the height range is 25–29 inches (64–78 cm.)
  Irish Woman doesn't think it's such a good idea, but I've been subjected to her two drool beasts.  Now I want a dog that I can put a saddle on and take BooBoo for a walk.

1 comment:

Gorges Smythe said...

It takes a brave man to get a dog that might whup him in a fair fight!

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.