Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Raining

like a cow pissing on a flat rock.

We've gotten a couple of inches so far, and I expect another two to three today. Junior Bear is home and is holding down the house while I'm at work. Irish Woman reports that her office building downtown is leaking like a sieve and has a couple of feet of water in the basement. I walked through the storm to get from my car to my desk, and I'm pretty sure I saw some animals being led two by two by some old guy from Bullitt County on the way in.

This has been the weirdest summer I've seen since I moved here. It's been cool to the point of strange, and we've gotten more rain than I've ever seen. It reminds me of the summers back in North Dakota. A couple of really hot days, but otherwise very pleasant. And when it rains, it washes away cars and small children.

I'm going to stop calling this area Indyucky and start calling it Seattle on the Ohio. If I can only find a good cup of coffee, the picture will be complete.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.