Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Fiat buys Chrysler

According to Forbes, Fiat is buying a 35% stake in Chrysler.

For me, this is yet another nail in the coffin of my purchases of Chrysler products.

I have driven precisely two Fiat cars, both of them Puntos. The Fiat Punto is basically a scaled down 1970's VW Rabbit. To call those cars crackerboxes would have been an insult to Keebler.

And remember, Fiat stands for "Fix It Again Tony!". Those two cheeseboxes couldn't go across town without me worrying that I'd have to call a tow truck. Driving them on the Autobahn was a religious experience. Not a good religious experience. More like the "I wish I'd given my heart to Jesus and told my wife I loved her before I left this morning" experience.

So, while Chrysler has gotten a shot of adrenalyne to the heart and will survive to suck another day, this will do nothing for the quality and dependability of their vehicles.

I'm looking forward to seeing Dodge cars lined up on the side of the road with their hoods up in the near future. It'll be nice, kind of like modern art statues to beautify the freeway.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.