Sunday, September 7, 2008

Some things will just make a man cry....

I was going to go shooting at Knob Creek on Saturday morning, but the weather was rainy and drippy all night, so my shooting buddies and I decided to wait a couple of weekends and try again. Since I was thinking about it, I thought I'd do a quick wipe down and lubrication on the guns. The black powder, shotguns, and handguns looked great when I pulled them out of the safe, but when I reached back to get out the Mosin Nagant 91/30, the barrel had patches of orange and the bore looked pretty dark.

After cussing and swearing as I cleaned the gun inside and out, she looks OK. I love shooting the Mosin, and she's my pride and joy.

I'm going to have to get a dehumidifier for the safe or something. I put a really good layer of oil on the Mosin, but I can't pack her in cosmoline every time I put her away.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.