Thursday, September 18, 2008

Not a good day

Woke up this morning feeling pretty low. My allergies had kicked me right between the twins.

A long shower. two Aleve, a Claritin, and a cup of coffee later, I at least felt human. Spending time feeding Baby Bear and listening to him growl between mouthfuls helped my attitude.

Had to drive through the traffic for the Ryder Cup. Took 45 minutes to drive the 5 minutes to the freeway.

Got Junior Bear and Girlie Bear over to a friend's house for the day. Still no school, we'll find out on Sunday night if they go back on Monday.

Because of traffic, didn't get to the office until almost 9 AM, so I had to park in the remote lot. The long walk gave me a lot of time to think about why I came to work at all.

Got to the top of the stairs in our building, and the smell of rotten eggs greeted me. Luckily for me, everyone else can smell it too. Either a pipe has broken somewhere, or someone shipped something they shouldn't have.

I've spent the morning doing small work and drinking more coffee. Hopefully the afternoon will go well.

This weekend should be OK. I'm working a fund raiser for Girlie Bear's PTA tomorrow morning, and I'm planning on going to the range on Sunday after church.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.