Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Went to the Doctor

Went to the arthritis doctor this morning. She put me through the usual range of motion exercises/stress positions, and after that I confessed to being the shooter on the grassy knoll. We discussed my general health and progress in treatment.

Overall, I'm in pretty good health. I've dropped 8 pounds since the last time I went in, and my blood pressure is good. My cholesterol and glycerides are a tad high, but she says that my medication may be the cause of that.

Of course, my diet isn't always the best, so an adjustment to that might help.

We discussed adjusting my medication a bit, and then I got a bill of good health.

Overall, I feel OK, but not great. The soreness in the joints is a bit rough sometimes. I take some over the counter pain meds every morning, but it takes an hour or so for it to kick in. The 1/2 mile walk from the car to the desk is done pretty much clean, and sometimes I'm limping by the time I get to the computer.

Not that I'm complaining. There are people I work with who use a cane, or are on crutches because of injuries. One of my co-workers just returned from a successful fight with cancer, and she's still weak as a kitten. But she still makes the trudge in from the parking lot. I can't complain because because my joints are sore.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.