Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Over Thin Mints?

Two women in Florida took to beating on each other after one of them fed a box of Girl Scout cookies owned by the other to her children.  The fight eventually involved a call to the police, and now the original owner of the cookies is in jail.

Point 1 - I'm not saying that I've never been willing to take a human life over a box of Girl Scout cookies.  I'm not going to say that the sight of an empty box of Tagalongs or Samoas in the freezer hasn't driven me to an angry tantrum.  Not going to admit anything.  But Thin Mints?   If you're going to cheapen human suffering enough to lay a beating on your room mate over cookies, at least have it be over one of the good ones.

Point 2 - While I don't condone her actions, I have to hand it to Ms. Howard for her forethought in dropping the stabby implement she initially grabbed and going for the nearest blunt objects to beat on her roommate.  Scissors can quickly turn a "You shouldn't beat on your roommate over Thin Mints" conviction into a "You stabbed your roommate 31 times over a box of Thin Mints?" conviction. 

BTW, my orders of Girl Scout cookies should be in any time now.  Any lapse in regular blogging over the next couple of weeks can probably be explained by my pancreas finally giving up the ghost.  mmmmmm, Samoas.......

6 comments:

bluesun said...

I've got a box of samoas open on the counter as I type this. Best (not homemade) cookies ever. But while I might arm wrestle over a box, I don't think I would get into a fight...

Old NFO said...

Samoas? And you're not sharing??? Yeah, that one is just beyond stupid...

Z@X said...

Mmmmmmmm... thin mints...

Good thing that I am not in that jury pool ;)

Oz said...

Wow - they should stop drinking so much coffee. That is so crazy. Samoas are my favorite also.

SoccerDad said...

A fight over cookies is still far better than the low life in Palm Beach that stole $92 from a Girl Scout selling her cookies in the mall.

DaddyBear said...

David, no fooling. The only good thing is that after incidents like that, good people tend to come out of the woodwork to replace the money for the Girl Scouts. Doesn't help with the trauma to the little girls, though.

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.