Friday, February 12, 2010

I have a new name for pain

This evening, the Irish Woman passed me as she was going across the living room.  Being the sweet, wonderful wife she is, she decided to give me a smooch as she passed.

As she leaned down to kiss my cheek, a bolt of lightning arced from her nose to my eyeball.  Apparently the throw rug had energized her as she crossed it.

I'm glad the kids weren't in the room for a few minutes, as I expressed my surprise and pain in a language that would make a nun swoon.

No real damage, but I now flinch when she comes near me.

What a wonderful, romantic way to start the Valentines Day weekend.
Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.