Thursday, August 13, 2009

Layoffs

I took yesterday off to get the kids ready for school, and I'm kinda glad I did. There have been rumors of layoffs for a few months, but the fat hit the fryer yesterday here in Louisville.

Apparently the layoff meetings happened at another building, and the tension was very high on my floor. Only one or two people on my floor got let go, and none of them were on my team.

Management says those that have been laid off are getting good severances. I hope so. Losing a job is something that few prepare for ahead of time. A little extra money can make the difference between losing your house while you're looking for work and moving into an apartment.

Word from higher is that this is the only wave. I hope so. I'm OK for now, but this hits close enough to home to get the hair on the back of my neck up.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.