Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Day Tuesday Update

Well, they called school in Louisville three hours prior to the first snowflake falling, but we got about 3 inches of snow this morning.  Guess I'll give the school administration a pass on this one.

I've been indulging Girlie Bear and BooBoo with movies and TV today.  Girlie Bear did have some homework, so she's doing that now that Boo's down for his nap.  Guess I'm not indulgoDad after all.

I've spent the morning drafting a PERL script over our VPN in vi.  Haven't done that in a while.  I didn't realize how spoiled I've become with graphical editors.

The wind is picking up, so I'll probably see some actual drifting of the snow.  It's cold enough that it's breaking up into sugar snow as the wind drives it.  Good sledding snow if we get enough of it.  Not so good for snowmen or snow balls.  If school is called again tomorrow, I may just take a personal day, bundle up the kinder and take them sledding at the park.

Dinner tonight will be another whooped together pot roast.  Beef roast, chopped onion, half a bag of russet potatoes, one Sam Adams Winter Porter, a can of beef broth, and a two pound bag of baby carrots in the crock pot on high for 8 hours.  Just what the doctor ordered on a cold and snowy day.

Tonight's entertainment will be a cheery fire, a cup of cocoa, and watching the cable guy come out to replace the digital cable box that got fried when we had our power issue last week.  What a rocking, swinging life I lead!

If you're snowed in, rained in, or flooding, stay safe.  I'm gonna go cuss at my xterm emulator some more.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.