Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving Thanks

Just got back from dinner with family in Indiana.  It was great to see everyone.

I'm thankful that my family is together, safe, and healthy.

I'm grateful that the Irish Woman and I both have good jobs.  We are more fortunate than a lot of people this year, and it's not due to anything special about us.

I'm thankful that my children all go to good, safe schools. 

I'm thankful that my children are growing up in this country.  I've been all over the world, and I've seen wonderful places and terrible places, and there's no other place on the planet that I would want to raise my family.

I'm thankful for everyone who is foregoing their Thanksgiving with their families to keep me and mine safe.

And I'm grateful that I am able to keep doing this as long as y'all will read.

And here's your moment of snark, a wonderful picture of Thanksgiving in Kentucky:


Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!  Be safe, and God bless!

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.