Thursday, June 25, 2009

Road Trip

Girlie Bear and I went on a road trip yesterday to northern Ohio. We visited a couple of things along the way, but we had an objective in mind.

We went to the Civilian Marksmanship Program store and I got myself an M1 Garand rifle. I've wanted one for quite a while. I was hoping to get an '03 Springfield, but they were sold out. They had a lot of rack and field grade garands but service grade was sold out except for national match grade, which of course is a lot more expensive. They had a few of their "special" grade, which are basically remanufactured. New wood, new blueing, very nice. Also twice what I was able to spend.

I also picked up a couple cans of ammunition. With the current situation in the ammunition market, I couldn't pass it up.

The new addition is currently at the gunsmith getting a health check. It has some wear and the furniture is a bit worn. But I think it's mechanically sound. The check is just to make sure it won't blow up in my face.

I'll post pics after I get it back.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.