Friday, November 14, 2008

A hunting we will go, a hunting we will go

This weekend is my Fort Knox hunt. Going to get up early enough that I'll have to kick the rooster in the ass on my way out the door in order to get down there in time, but it's going to be a great hunt. We're meeting our guide near post at 4 AM, which is causing the friend I'm going with to blow a gasket. He'll get over it as soon as he starts to hear other hunters shoot. Only drawback is a full moon this weekend, so the deer may do their feeding and moving around overnight and then lager up for the day. Hopefully it'll be cold enough that they'll need to move around during the day.

Our area is kind of rugged, but that may work to our advantage. Tomorrow is being called for rain in the morning, with steady winds and dwindling temperatures all day. Going to get myself down into a nice draw and stay out of the wind. Hopefully Mr. Antlers will need to walk around to stay warm and I'll get a shot. Pulling a deer out of the valleys may be a bit of a chore, but I think I'll manage if I have to.

Like I said before, I love hunting at Ft. Knox. Just the quiet and beauty of the area is worth the drive. I plan on going both days even if my buddy decides to sleep in on Sunday.

I'll update as the weekend goes on, but I'll probably be too tired tomorrow or Sunday to put much up.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.