Friday, July 17, 2009

Another Great Man Has Left Us

I just learned that Walter Cronkite has died.

I am truly saddened to see him go. When I was growing up, the voice of Walter Cronkite was a nightly experience. I am a news junkie, and I owe that to Mr. Cronkite.

Walter Cronkite was a journalist of the old school. For the most part, he kept his politics out of his reporting, and stuck to the facts. He made a very wide and bright distinction between news and commentary.

Go with God, Mr. Cronkite. When I get to the Pearly Gates to see if God grades on a curve, I expect to see you and Edward R. Murrow doing the news.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.