Monday, February 8, 2010

Couldn't have said it better myself

Brigid over at Home on the Range is preparing to return home from a trip to Ireland, and her goodbye to the ancestral homeland is eloquent, and sums up my feelings when Irish Woman and I came home.

Of all the places I've been, Ireland will always be special.  I've never been anywhere that felt so close to home, or where I felt so accepted.  My mother's Irish ancestors left there in the 1800's, but everywhere we went were reminders of family and history.

Brigid, thank you for reminding this barbarian that there are good, soft places in a harsh world.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.