Monday, February 1, 2010

Big Kitty

A co-worker forwarded this to me.

Here's the write-up from his email:

Here is a photo of a cougar killed 5 miles west of Rogers City, Mi.The guy who shot it is 6 foot tall and weighs about 220 lbs.  He was in a deer stand and saw the cat pass him downwind. He then saw it pass him upwind..  When the cat passed him again (closer this time) downwind, he knew that it was hunting him.  So, boom. 

Just for the record, Kentucky Fish and Wildlife maintains that there is no natural population of large cats in the Commonwealth, but apparently there is in Michigan. 

I go to the woods feeling pretty secure that the only other predator I have to worry about is Billy Joe Jim Bob, not Casey the Cougar.  Not sure how I would react if I saw such a large predator tracking me while I was up in a tree.  Probably not as coolly as this hombre did.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.