Friday, May 15, 2009

Washington DC - Day 1

Well, I'm in DC for a few days with Girlie Bear. We're taking part in a class trip. The experience so far reminds me of the opening scenes of the Muppet Movie, where the cast tears up the theater. We went on a tour of all the memorials this evening. It's always good to see them every once in a while. I saw the FDR memorial for the first time. It's nice, but I didn't care for it as much as Lincoln or Jefferson. Call me a traditionalist, but I'll take neo-roman over modern any day.

Tomorrow morning we go to Arlington. I'm looking forward to that. Afterwards we will probably start working our way through the Smithsonian.

One note: we don't pay our teachers enough to put up with these animals day in, day out. Most of the kids are ok, but some seem to require sseem to require some wall to wall counseling to give them some manners. Like the two yard apes I had to rather curtly remind to show some respect at the Vietnam memorial. I think I hurt heir mom's feelings, but if she was doing her job, I wouldn't have to.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.