Friday, May 22, 2009

Memorial Day

Well, Memorial Day has come again. I encourage everyone to take a little time this weekend to remember the people in their lives who have served and passed on. For those of you in Louisville, I suggest the ceremonies at Zachary Taylor Cemetary or at the Patton Museum at Fort Knox.

Over the years, I've known several veterans who've passed on. I've lost 5 good friends to either military accidents or combat. And I've served in a lot of units with an institutional memory of loss.

Blackfive has an excellent slideshow of "motivators" that will get you thinking about this day.

Have a good weekend everyone.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.