Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I guess

my cooking isn't as good as it sounds.

Scene: A semi-suburban, semi-agricultural neighborhood in Louisville County. A father and daughter are getting ready to leave for the day. Father has put a well marinated pork roast in the crock pot for the day, and the kitchen is beginning to smell of garlic and other spices as it warms up.

DaddyBear: Mmmmm, doesn't dinner smell good?

Girlie Bear: Is that what that smell is?

Daddy Bear: Yes, that's dinner cooking. Doesn't it smell good?

Girlie Bear: I guess so. I thought I just had bad breath.

Nothing like the honesty of a 10 year old to deflate your ego.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.