Sunday, November 2, 2008

Man Day

Well, yesterday was a Man Day.

Got up early and took Girlie Bear over to her Mom's house for the weekend. She stayed with us on Friday night so she could go trick or treating with some cousins. A good time was had by all.

From there, I went over to Knob Creek and practiced with the 91/30. I really enjoy getting there early when it's not so busy. The regulars tend to get there early too, and they're a great bunch of good old boys. Conditions were absolutely perfect. No wind whatsoever, as was evidenced by the smoke and dust kicked up by the large exploding target that one of my co-shooters blasted on his first shot of the day. It hung around for over an hour before slowly clearing.

I shot OK. I was practicing shooting the Mosin using iron sights. I was able to tear up a 10" target at 100 yards with the 80 rounds I put down range. I think it'll work for hunting.

When I was on my way home, a buddy called and asked if I wanted to go out to his wood lot and cut up some logs. I swung by the house and picked up Junior Bear, and we went out to his farm. We spent the afternoon cutting and stacking wood. Nothing like a chain saw to work out stress.

When we got home, we finished repairing the Caravan. The new starter had come into the dealer on Friday, and once I could see what the part looked like, I was better able to visualize how it was connected to the transmission. It only took an hour to finish removing the bad starter and put in the good one. One bolt was on there so tight I had to use a cheater bar to break it loose, but no harm there.

I only had one more glitch, this one entirely of my own making. I got in a hurry when I was putting things back together and connected the battery backwards. Positive to negative, negative to positive. I blew a bunch of fuses, but thankfully, that was all. Took another hour to find them all and replace them. Never said I was bright......

So, drove the truck, shot the gun, used a chainsaw, and fixed a car. Yes, truly, I felt like a man.

Now I'm going to go do some laundry and then I may make some bottles.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.