Saturday, August 7, 2010

Bowing to the Inevitable

I have to face facts. I'm not a young stud anymore.  I turn 40 next year, my oldest is starting his second semester of college, and I wake up every morning creeky and crabby.  My hair isn't as thick and lustrous as it used to be, and there's almost as gray in it as brown.

And to top it all off, my vision is going.  35 years of squinting at computer screens, reading in bad light, and sitting too close to the television have finally taken their toll.  I've had glasses of one form or another for years, but they were always necessary only when my eyes got tired.  Now, I think I need to wear them all the time. 

I've got my glasses out, and I'm seeing if the old prescription is good enough to not need to get a new pair.  I haven't worn them in quite a while, so this is going to take some getting used to.

Watch this space to see how much of a poindexter I turn into now that I'm wearing glasses almost full time.

3 comments:

Nancy R. said...

Heh. No sympathy from me. I'll be 60 when Sweet Daughter graduates from high school. And I'm so excited about my multifocal contacts I can't stand myself. *grin*

DaddyBear said...

I'll be 55 when BooBoo graduates, so I know what you mean.

Dave -n- Miss said...

Your old - get over it. I've known it for years. = )

The other day at Sbux David was lamenting the loss of the Mocha Valencia and the girl asked when that had been on the menu. David said like 10 years ago to which the girl quipped - Wow I was like 11 back then.
He walked back to the table muttering under his breath about feeling flipping old.

LOL

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.