Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Out with the old....

Well, this afternoon I broke down and cleaned out the storage area in the basement. I've been holding onto some old furniture and stuff from before the Irish Woman and I got together. I threw out three boxes of VHS tapes (do I even own a VCR anymore?), most of the furniture, and a lot of old junk that I've been dragging around for who knows how long.

I find I need to clean out my clutter every so often or it takes over. Having Baby Bear made me look around at my life and realize just how much cruft I'd allowed to build up, both physically and mentally. Over the past 3 months I've gotten rid of a lot of excess baggage, gotten a handle on my workload at the job, and cleaned out a lot of closets. I've had 3 weeks of vacation to spend with the kids and relax, and I've been able to breathe and prioritize a bit.

I haven't done something like this in a long time, and it shows. But I've gotten rid of a lot of stuff, I'm feeling better, and I'm happier.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.