Saturday, April 10, 2010

Other Saturday Activities

After I left the machine gun shoot, I picked up Little Bear from his grandmother's house.  We got home, cleaned up, and took possession of an additional young lady for the night.  One of Girlie Bear's school friends came over for a sleep over.  I piled the older kids into the car, and took them to see How to Train Your Dragon.  If you haven't seen it, it's a great movie.  Definitely going to be a buyer when it comes out around Christmas.

Dinner was grilled out hamburgers and hotdogs, followed by toasted marshmallows over the grill.  Nothing like filling young people up with sugar to make an evening exciting.

Overheard during the marshmallow roasting:

DaddyBear - I'm going in to grab a jacket.  You guys be good for a few minutes.
Little Bear - Don't worry, I'll watch them.
Girlie Bear - Whatever
Little Bear - I'm older!  You respect your elders!
Girlie Bear and friend, in harmony - Whatever!

Currently, the kids are enjoying some video games in lieu of another movie.  Girlie Bear's friend is kicking both of the others' butts at Wii Sports Resort. 

Now that I've had two eleven year old girls in close proximity to both each other and me for a few hours, I know why I'm glad Girlie Bear wasn't a twin.  They've all been very well behaved, but they've been twittering like birds since 3 this afternoon.  Oh well, better chattering than sullen silence.

I'm looking forward to going to bed in a few hours.  Hopefully the girls will get at least a few minutes of sleep tonight.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.